Excavator Wheeled Compactors
Tysea’s excavator compaction wheels, also knows as a sheeps foot, are the ideal excavator attachment for soil compaction.
Sheepsfoot compactors are beneficial for breaking up and compacting hard soils such as clay or other clumping materials. These compaction wheels excel where regular vibratory compaction systems do not as they can access hard to reach and sensitive areas.
Compaction Wheel Benefits
The vibration action of excavator vibratory systems pose a risk to nearby cement pads, pipes and fittings. Due to the smooth compaction process of the compactor wheel, the risks that are associated with vibratory compaction systems are significantly if not completely eliminated.
Sheepsfoot compactors establish a uniform soil combination with a mixing motion that kneads and breaks up soil, providing better soil compaction in trenches.
Wheeled Compactor Features
- Heavy duty design and construction
- Custom built to machine and customer specs
- Available in a two to six wheel design
- 24″ – 48″ diameter options
- Greaseable bushings
- 3/4″ – 2″ solid steel wheel construction with 2″ – 3″ thick feet
- Bolt on replaceable backfill plate